Candelin's Followers

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Journey of Joy - Kick-starting April in Folly Beach, SC

Goodbye Franklin, NC for 2013
In our sightseeing in Western North Carolina and travels in Florida, Lynn managed to show me almost everything on her wish list. What's not on this list are the multiple ways she helped me shed my over-worked, over-scheduled self. With Lynn's prompting, I replaced my dull black and gray wardrobe, took off my watch, started eating healthier, slept later, wrote more, took tons of photos and videos, and generally learned to say "Yes" to life's adventures and possibilities. For this and her patient, honest, sometimes silly, and always insightful companionship, I will always be grateful. Click here for Lynn's blog - she's an amazing writer!

Chalkboard paint tracked our fun
Lynn and the Passion Flowers
at Butterfly World- perfect match!


Hello Folly Beach, SC

Welcome to Folly, a quirky, bohemian surf town just 15 minutes from Charleston. Hosted by my friend and former GMCR colleague, Lisa Elliott,  over 5 days I/we walked the beaches, visited Charleston, and ate amazing food at The Oyster Room (twice), the Lost Dog Cafe, Blu, and Rita's Seaside Grill. Drew and Jamie joined us for the long Easter weekend on their way to Savannah, and we all fell in love with Folly. Lisa works over the bridge in Charleston, managing the Le Creuset brand of high quality cast iron French cookware. The kitchen in her new condo made us drool with envy at the pans, casseroles, dishes, mugs, you name it. The beach wasn't so bad either! 


A few blocks from the Washout, a favorite Folly surfing spot 

Jamie and Drew get their toes wet on day one


The Easter Bunny left treats at the Island Girl Cottage
where the girls stayed
Cobblestone and historic buildings abound
in Charleston

Charleston is an absolute foodie paradise!

Sunset from the dock at Lisa's new riverfront condo -
I see a boat in someone's future!

Mother and child reunion

2 comments:

  1. Candelin, I am so loving where this journey of joy is taking you and all that you are becoming in the process!

    ReplyDelete