Candelin's Followers

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Celebrating 60 with Sixty

Some of you know I am turning 60 this year.  It came to me in early January how I might honor this milestone during 2013. I don't really have a "bucket list," although I am fulfilling a long-held dream by heading off on a long road trip in a few days. What I plan to do is 5 things each month that are "new or fun" or both. In twelve months, I'll have 60 memories of new and fun experiences. Here's my recap for January - an amazing month of firsts: life changes, musical adventures and little joys:

  1. Jan 2 - Retirement Declaration
  2. Jan 5 - Winter Hiking
  3. Jan 13 - Made Scones
  4. Jan 26 - Sang in Public (solo)
  5. Jan 29 - VT Farm Show


GMCR threw me a wonderful Retirement Party on Jan. 25

Hiked Mt. Monadnock with Kevin Withers and friends from the Pioneer Valley Hiking Club

Made fresh scones to serve with Lemon-Lime Curd from Alison James's kitchen

For Bob Keller's (lead guitar on right) 60th birthday party,  I sang and danced my way through "These Boots Are Made for Walking" 
My first time at the annual VT Farm Show, with new retiree Martha Simmons.

The blue ribbon turnip. which beat out perfect onions, parsnips, pickles and a dozen other entries for Best in Show.


No comments:

Post a Comment